Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Belly Dancer Bookstore



I walked into this bookstore, rounded a corner and was excited to find a book staring out at me with a vintage belly dancer on the cover. It was some kind of memior of a dancer from the 1930's... then I noticed that the book beside it had a similar cover (old sepia dancer on the cover) and the next another... finally I backed up and saw that the entire shelf was loaded with nothing but bellydancing books... the overwhelming joy!


I probably had this dream because recently I found a book club for belly dancers. I am really excited because I tried to start a little belly dancing book club like this on shelfari.com but didn't get very much participation. It is so nice to be able to hop into something and not have to be the one organizing it. Because the goal is to learn something afterall, and I am really tired of having no instruction. In yoga tradition, they say when you are ready, a teacher will come... maybe I am ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment