Friday, July 2, 2010

The Chocolate Dream

In this dream I go to a cold area of the island, Waimea, and the biting cold forces me into a warm little chocolate store. There are tons of beautiful, decadent, creative chocolate goodies. I start trying them. Dark chocolate, white chocolate, coffee chocolate, truffles, molded chocolates, chili pepper, raspberry, so many varieties and shapes and styles- the strangest part is this.... even though I am totally gorging on all these delicious rich tasty chocolates... I don't get at all sick.
I get to enjoy them without any pain.

It might have something to do with my current painting project. Making these portraits of dancers is like splurging on candy for me- so delightful- such a treat.... but how often are we allowed to enjoy things so much with no consequences? Aren't there usually drawbacks? Compromises that have to be made in order to deserve our sweets?

Maybe it is just the position of the moon that inspired that dream, hehe. Who knows?
But it was a very SWEET dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment